South Central Alaska's Lake Creek, located North West of Anchorage is in part where Alaska Rainbow Adventures got it's start back in 1993 and is where we not only guided for one of the local area lodges but also owned property for many years. We have continued to visit this Lake Creek to float & fish this truly beautiful waterway located in the shadow of North America's highest peak "Denali". Alaska Rainbow Adventures offers week-long, professionally guided, Alaska float trips. rafting the entire sixty mile length of Lake Creek. Explore wild and scenic Alaska viewing wildlife, exceptional scenery and angling for Chinook and Sockeye salmon during the peak period of their run up Lake Creek as well as, heavily spotted rainbow trout and the sailfish of the north, the arctic grayling. Comfortable camps and excellent meals are a feature of this special trip.
This you and your group can experience this Alaskan beauty with Alaska Rainbow Adventures.
Floating Lake Creek w/ Alaska Rainbow Adventures
with a focus on it's king and silver salmon runs as well as resident rainbows. Wildlife along the river includes black and brown bear, moose, wolves, wolverine, and beaver. Birds that may be observed are: Bald eagles, swans, ducks & geese, ptarmigan, spruce grouse and osprey.
Lake Creek float trips are available as Standard Deluxe or Intimate Rivers style trips. Click on the icons below for more information.
- “Our float on Alaska's Lake creek was the trip of a lifetime!" Paul at Alaska Rainbow Adventures and his excellent staff were great, they answered all the questions we had about our first trip to Alaska without trying to "sell us" a trip we did not want. We talked about the many different options, decided on Lake Creek as the price and the fishing were what we had in mind and from there we never looked back. It was a great time, the fishing excellent and the outfitting first class! We will see you again on another Alaska trip next year!
Lake Creek Photos
Lake Creek Float Trip
- Mid to late June
- You will find us taking folks on trips targeting not only Lake Creeks beautiful resident rainbows but also the behemoths of the river that run some ten-thousand strong most years, yes we are talking about doing battle with Lake Creeks hard fighting king of the river, the mighty Chinook!
- Mid August to Late September
- We return to Lake Creek for the fall run of silvers as well as the exceptional rainbow trout fishing there is to be had at this time of year. Be it fishing flesh, mice patterns for rainbows, hot pink wogs & multi colored popsicle flies for silvers the action heats up from mid August on. Call a friend or two then give us a call and we will take you on the Alaska float fishing trip of a lifetime here in South Central Alaska just a 45 minute flight from Anchorage yet as as wild and remote as you need to get in Alaska. Lake Creek's rock gardens located a few miles up from where she meets the Yentna River keep jet boats off all but the lowest reaches of the river leaving us slightly less then sixty miles of 'quiet' water to explore, fish and enjoy! Spin fishers are also welcome and actually do exceptionally well fishing Lake creeks salmon runs! Call and book your trip Lake Creek today!
- June 20 - 26 - Available Peak King Salmon + Rainbow Trout, Grayling
- June 28 - July 4 Available Peak King Salmon + Rainbow Trout, Grayling
- July 6 - 12 Available Peak Rainbow Trout + Grayling, Sockeye Salmon, King Salmon
- July 14 - 20 Available Peak Rainbow Trout + Grayling, Sockeye Salmon, Pink Salmon, Silver Salmon
- July 22 - July 28 Available Peak Rainbow Trout + Grayling, Silver Salmon, Pink Salmon, Chum Salmon
** Other dates for the 2014 season in August available,
call to arrange the trip you & your group
Lake Creek Run Timing: From ADF&G
King Salmon Early June through early July.
Silver Salmon Early August through late August / early September.
2014 Lake Creek Alaska Suggested Float Trip Dates: